Thursday, August 15, 2013

Skywatch Friday - South Dakota Moon with Venus


Crescent Moon, Venus,

Last weekend I made a quick trip up to South Dakota from Oklahoma to attend a family reunion. I had a good time on the drive. I stopped and found some geocaches and took a few pictures and took my time getting up there. Driving along I29 in South Dakota south of Sioux Falls I spotted the crescent moon over the wheat fields and pulled off the next rest stop to take a photograph.

When I saw the powerlines and was a little disappointed but I'm big into the concept that if you don't get what you want then you work with you got so I got an electrical transmission tower along with my sliver of a moon and my planet venus. Which since I'm a generous guy I've decided to share the moon, Venus, and even the tower with you.

Skywatch Friday

17 comments:

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

really enjoy the toe nail moon. nice shot!!

i just noticed the giraffes below. too funny!!

enjoy your week. ( :

Birdman said...

Heck, the tower adds a little touch to the foreground.

Jill of All Trades said...

Love the sliver of a moon shot and the lone star!

sylvia kirkwood said...

Such a lovely, peaceful capture! What a wonderful evening!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

And we thank you for your generosity! Beautiful big sky country.

Jim said...

great shot

Karen said...

I love that you got venus too!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

That tower makes it an interesting shot!

G. W. Bill Miller said...

That is a pretty good drive up and back in a weekend, and you still made time for geocaches and photos. You make good use of your time. Your sunset is a very nice balance of light and dark.

sceneoftranquility said...

Nice composition,that tower adds another subject to the shot.

Gaelyn said...

Oh yea, nice shot.

ladyfi said...

The perfect combination of nature and man-made!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty capture of the moon. A beautiful skywatch shot. Have a happy weekend!

Laura said...

a perfect new moon!

afanja said...

Great shot of this nice line-up.

EG CameraGirl said...

Thanks for sharing with us, Yogi!

Ellen said...

I like the electrical tower, it makes the photo more real. I thought the evening skies in SD were very dramatic and you've done a great job of capturing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails